MAINTAINING YOUR ALLOY WHEELS
Proper maintenance will prevent damage to the wheel finish and keep the wheel finish warranty from being voided. Before installation, apply a coat of non abrasive car wax to the wheels (except on wheels with a matte finish) which will help protect the finish and make it easier to clean them. Clean your wheels often using mild soap and water and a soft sponge or cotton cloth to clean them. Reapply a coat of wax at least once per season. Do not use abrasive cleaners, pads or polishing compounds on your wheels. Do not wash your wheels when they are hot as it will damage the finish. Do not use chrome polish on painted chrome (PVD) wheels; they should only be cleaned with mild soap and water.
Thibert warrants to the original purchaser, that the wheels will be free from cosmetic defects for one (1) year or three (3) years, based on the indication, from the date of purchase. Thibert also warrants that its wheels will be free from structural defects for as long as the original purchaser owns the product. This warranty is only valid when the wheel(s) are returned to Thibert freight prepaid with a copy of the original proof of purchase. Thibert obligation under this warranty will be limited to the repair or replacement of any wheel(s) which is considered to be defective. Thibert will inspect all warranty returns. Wheels covered by our warranty will be repaired or replaced and returned to the sender freight prepaid. Those wheels that are not covered by the warranty will be returned freight collect.
WHAT IS COVERED
- Peeling of the clear coat, chrome or paint on the face of the wheel.
- Blemishes in the clear coat, chrome or paint finish of the wheel.
- Wheels with lateral or radial run out greater than 0.025" or 0.635mm provided there is no evidence of impact.
- Wheels with improperly machined bolt holes, center bores or offsets.
- Wheels that leak air.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Peeling of the paint, clear coat or chrome in the barrel or on the back of the wheel.
- Wheels that have a lateral or radial run out of less than 0.025" or 0.635mm.
- Wheels that have been damaged by accident, impact, misuse, negligence, off road use, racing or exceeding the maximum load rating.
- Scratches, stone chips or curb rash caused by road hazards.
- Damage caused by tire installation or the use of an impact gun.
- Use of clip on weights on the outer lip of the wheel.
- Corrosion, pitting, scratches or staining due to improper wheel maintenance.
- Wheels that have been altered, modified or repaired.
- Defects that are claimed more than one or three year after purchase.
- Claims made by anyone other than the original purchaser.
- The finish warranty for chrome and chrome painted (PVD) wheels will be voided if the wheels are used in the winter.